DEVELOPMENTAL ASSESSMENTS AGES 3-6 YEARS
A deep understanding of developmental and behavioural disorders is what we can offer to our young patients and their families.
A Developmental Assessment with Edcommodate primarily identifies challenges such as language disorders, intellectual disability or global developmental delay, autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, anxiety or mood disorders, oppositional defiant disorder, severe learning disability, and developmental coordination disorder.
- Clinical interview with parent or primary caregiver
- Clinical interview with child/adolescent (where appropriate)
- Review of relevant documents including report cards, IEPs, past evaluations
- Intellectual testing
- Academic achievement testing (reading, writing, mathematics) (where possible)
- Assessment of adaptive functioning
- Testing of visual and verbal memory (where possible)
- Visual-motor integration
- Information from standardized questionnaires examining executive functioning and social-emotional functioning are included.
A Developmental Assessment report through Edcommodate will include recommendations to form the basis of an Individual Education Plan (IEP). A Developmental assessment specifically provides recommendations for educational accommodations and/or modifications as well as restorative educational intervention and home life assistance.
Inquire About an Assessment
Psychological services are not covered by provincial insurance, but may be covered in part or entirely by private insurance coverage or bursaries.
At Edcommodate our average fee for each assessment type is as follows:
Psychoeducational Assessment: $3,100.00
Psychoeducational + ASD Diagnostic Assessment for Children, and Adolescents: $4100.00
ASD Diagnostic Assessment for Adults: $4500.00
Adult Virtual ADHD Diagnostic Assessment: $1550.00
Developmental Assessment (Ages 3-6) $3300.00 + $1000.00 if Additional ASD Assessment is Recommended