Accommodation Assessment for Adult Learning Disability and Working Professionals
A deep understanding of learning disabilities and behavioural disorders is our specialized expertise. It is the only thing that we do.
Workplace Accommodation Assessments for adults 18 -50 are designed to identify appropriate accommodations for employees with mental challenges or learning disorders, and to rule out ADHD, learning disabilities in reading, writing or math, identify autism spectrum disorder, identify intellectual disability, and rule out anxiety and depressive disorders.
Our clinicians use the best testing measures to assist in making make quality recommendations for accommodation or modifications in the workplace.
Through our clinical team’s years of combined experience, we have identified some of the most common concerns that may cause adults to seek an accommodation assessment.
- Inability to understand others or express what they want
- Inability to focus to get tasks completed at work
- Heightened work-related stress caused by an inability to process information well
- Inability to focus and being easily distracted, self-recognized or identified by others
- Struggles with socializing
- Low mood or heightened anxiety as a result of cognitive challenges
- Difficulty with change and/or transitions
Common Concerns for Autism
Socio-Communication and/or Restricted Interests
- Inability to make or keep eye contact
- Difficulty with directing appropriate facial expression
- Difficulty developing friendships or keeping friends
- Inability to describe or explain emotional states
- Difficulty sharing joy with others
- An inner sense of tension at having to “fit in” socially
- Intense interest in a certain topic (i.e. Model airplane, coin collections)
- Sensory aversions such as not liking loud noises or large crowds
- Sensory seeking such as staring for extended periods of time
- Rigid completions of tasks such as needing to finish reading an entire book before moving on to other things, or having special spots for objects to be placed in a room
Inquire About an Assessment
Psychological services are not covered by provincial insurance, but may be covered in part or entirely by private insurance coverage or bursaries.
At Edcommodate our average fee for each assessment type is as follows:
Psychoeducational Assessment: $3,100.00
Psychoeducational + ASD Diagnostic Assessment for Children, and Adolescents: $4100.00
ASD Diagnostic Assessment for Adults: $4500.00
Adult Virtual ADHD Diagnostic Assessment: $1550.00
Developmental Assessment (Ages 3-6) $3300.00 + $1000.00 if Additional ASD Assessment is Recommended